The functions described in this article are not available for every shop package. In case of questions please contact the provider you booked your shop at.
You can offer your customers payment methods through third-party providers, like PayPal. To set up that payment method in your shop, you have to register with PayPal and get your API credentials, which are necessary to link your shop to the PayPal solution and be able to get any payment.
How to get your API credentials
1. In the administration area in the main menu, select Settings and then Payments.
2. In the table you can see all the payment methods available in your country. To create or edit another payment method, see the article Payment methods.
Select the Paypal logo.
3. You can find here all the information about the process details, as well as the fees. To set up your PayPal account, select the Add button on the left.
4. At the top of the page, you can find instructions with the steps needed to set up the method. To be able to link your PayPal account to your shop, you should get API credentials. Select Open a free PayPal account (the first step).
Note: You need to open a PayPal Business account. If you already own a PayPal account, you can upgrade it for free to a Business account.
5. Fill in your personal details and company details. Once you created the PayPal account or logged in your account, you are in the control panel. Then select Set up the PayPal solution in Tools.
6. In Option A, select Set up API credentials.
7. In NVP/SOAP API integration, select Request API credentials.
8. Select Request API signature, then Agree and submit.
9. You can now see your credentials by clicking on Show.
10. Simply copy and paste the credentials in the required fields of your PayPal options in the administration area of your shop (see step 4).
11. Save the changes.