Meta tags of your shop: page title and meta description
Every subpage of your shop has so-called meta tags. They for instance give Google and other search engines further information about a page.
These are the most important meta tags of your shop that can be edited in the administration area:
The page title is shown on the browser tab and also is displayed as a link in search engine results. Consider to mention the shop name and the page name in the page title, and in addition select keywords that best represent your shop.
The meta description will be shown in the results of search engines, such as Google, and can attract more visitors to your shop. Use a brief and meaningful text to describe the page.
How to edit page title and meta description of a page
For the home page, category pages and content pages
1. In your shop’s administration area in the main menu, select Editor.
2. Under Pages, select the gear symbol besides the page you would like to edit.
3. Besides Search engine entry, select Edit. Here you can enter the page title and the meta description.
4.Save the changes.
1. In your shop’s administration area in the main menu, select Products and then View products.
2. Select the product number of the product you would like to edit.
3. Under Search engine entry, you can enter the page title and the meta description.
4. Save the changes.