Order process and checkout
The ordering process for your customers works like this:
- The customer visits a product page in your shop and adds a product to the shopping cart by selecting the button Add to cart.
- After adding the product to the shopping cart, the message "Product added to cart" appears for a few seconds, followed by a link to the cart. Besides the shopping cart icon in the upper right corner of the shop, the number of products in the shopping cart is now displayed.
- If the customer selects the link mentioned before or the shopping cart symbol in the upper right corner of the shop, he will get an overview of the products in the shopping cart. He can also change the quantity of products, he will be shown the total amount and he can redeem a coupon code.
- By clicking on the Checkout button, the customer will be taken to the next step of the ordering process, Address. Here he can either log in with an existing user account or continue as a guest.
- If the address and (and maybe an alternative delivery address) has been provided, the customer will be taken to the next step, Delivery. Here he chooses one of the available shipping methods. More information can be found in the article Delivery methods.
- The customer now gets to the next step, Payment. Here he chooses one of the available payment methods. More information can be found in the article Payment methods.
- The customer now reaches the step Check & Order. Here he can check all the details of the order and enter comments on the order and delivery, which you as a merchant will receive along with the order.
- The customer selects the Buy now button to complete the order.
- If the customer has chosen an external payment service provider, he may be referred to the external service provider to make the payment there. With the standard payment methods (for example, payment in advance or invoice) there is no forwarding.
- On the next page, the customer can see an order confirmation, including the order no. of the order he just made.
- You as a merchant will now receive an email with all order details. All orders can be found in the administration area of your shop when you select Orders and then View orders in the main menu. For orders that you have not yet opened in the administration area, the Order no. is displayed in bold. In addition, new orders are displayed on the Home page in the administration area.
You can take care of various settings for the order process and also change the texts that are displayed to your customers there. More information can be found in the article Checkout settings. You can find more information about orders in the articles Managing orders, Order status and Editing order documents.